
Canberra artists and arts organisations will receive an $8 million funding boost as part of the 2026-27 ACT Budget, with the Government saying the money will support local creative industries and increase access to arts programs and events.
The funding will be used to increase ongoing spending for arts organisations by 25 per cent, providing longer-term funding certainty for the sector.
It forms part of broader support for Canberra’s arts and creative industries, which includes organisations, individual artists and screen and gaming businesses.
The package also includes continued support for Kulture Break to deliver its student dance program in ACT public schools from July 1, 2026.
A further round of funding will also be provided for the Canberra Screen and Games Fund in 2027, following the first round earlier this year.
The ACT Government says the spending is intended to support local creative work, strengthen industry sustainability and expand access to cultural activities across the city, given its role in attracting visitors to Canberra and supporting the local economy.
The Government says the funding aims to support jobs in the creative sector while increasing opportunities for Canberrans to access local arts and cultural experiences.
Leave a Reply