News location:

Thursday, August 20, 2026 | Digital Edition | Crossword & Sudoku

Sponsored Content

New homes to boost Canberra retirement living

With Monarch Building Solutions appointed to deliver the development, construction of Next Stage Monash is moving ahead, with completion anticipated in January 2028.

With demand for retirement housing growing, 56 new homes are coming to Monash as Goodwin reveals plans for its expanding village. This is a sponsored post.

Goodwin Aged Care Services has appointed Canberra-based Monarch Building Solutions to finalise the design and construct the Next Stage Monash retirement living development.

The project will deliver 56 independent living apartments within the established Goodwin Village Monash community, comprising 32 two-bedroom and 24 three-bedroom homes across three two-storey buildings.

The development will include secure basement parking, private storage and lift access. The adaptable apartments will be built to an all-electric standard, featuring induction cooking, ducted heating and cooling, double glazing, solar power for common areas and infrastructure ready for electric-vehicle charging.

Goodwin CEO Stephen Holmes said the appointment marked an important milestone in bringing the project to life.

“Next Stage Monash responds to clear demand from older Canberrans for high-quality homes that support independence, connection and changing needs,” Mr Holmes said.

“Monarch brings strong local construction knowledge and relevant experience in retirement living. We look forward to working together to deliver a development that complements the existing Monash village and provides lasting value for residents.”

The adaptable apartments will be built to an all-electric standard, featuring induction cooking, ducted heating and cooling, double glazing, solar power for common areas and infrastructure ready for electric-vehicle charging.

Goodwin Executive Manager Retirement Living, Property and Development Erik Boddeus said interest had been strong since the project’s release to prospective residents.

“The immediate response showed us there is significant demand for thoughtfully designed two and three-bedroom retirement apartments in Canberra,” Mr Boddeus said.

“These homes have been designed to accessibility and adaptability standards, allowing residents to live well now while making it easier to respond if their mobility needs change in the future.”

The appointment comes as the 2025 PwC–Retirement Living Council Retirement Census highlights growing pressure on retirement housing supply. The Census recorded 26,825 waitlist registrations nationally, with the ACT reporting the second-highest waitlist volume after NSW. It also identified two-bedroom homes as the most sought-after retirement-living product.

Monarch Building Solutions director Marco Galeotti said the project continued the company’s strong involvement in the sector.

“For Monarch, the project continues our strong presence within retirement living, and we understand the importance of this type of housing as the population continues to grow,” Mr Galeotti said.

“We look forward to working alongside Goodwin and Dowse Projects to deliver the next stage of purpose-built retirement living for the local community.”

The project will deliver 56 independent living apartments within the established Goodwin Village Monash community, comprising 32 two-bedroom and 24 three-bedroom homes across three two-storey buildings.

Monarch is a locally established construction company delivering projects across Canberra and regional NSW, with previous experience in independent retirement living and aged-care developments.

Mr Boddeus said the development reflected Goodwin’s continuing commitment to increasing the supply of purpose-designed retirement housing in Canberra.

“Next Stage Monash will build on Goodwin’s long history of supporting older Canberrans to live independently, remain connected and plan confidently for the future,” Mr Boddeus said.

“Once completed, these 56 new homes will bring Goodwin’s portfolio to 972 independent retirement living units across the ACT, strengthening the choices available to seniors across the city.

Construction has commenced and is slated for completion in January 2028.

News all day, every day at CityNewsQBN.com.au.

Share this

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

*

Related Posts

Follow us on Instagram @canberracitynews